Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm waiting for spring

A lot has happened. I don't know how it happens, but I look at the date and realize I haven't updated this in a long time. My time in the Highlands with my flatmates was great. However, I was really battling to stay healthy and when we came back to Edinburgh it set in. That Monday I was able to catch up with normal life (not working night shift and being back home) but on Tues. and Wed. I had to leave work early to go home because I was too sick.

I took advantage of a laptop we had at our flat, and the fact that I was stuck inside, to write up a lot of scholarship applications. On Friday I played tourist guide to one of the volunteer's friend and then worked over the weekend, which wasn't too bad. Saturday was chilled but Sunday was absolutely busy as could be. Our team has been short of staff and at times I feel quite strectched. Monday was good because one of the guys on my team got promoted, so we went out after work, as is our custom, to relax and socialize.

A lot of reason to celebrate this week, two of my friends have birthdays (today and tommorrow). This afternoon we are going to the driving range and then out to a movie to celebrate. On Saturday after my morning football match we celebrate the other guy's B-Day by going to a traditional Scottish dance, where guys wear kilts and there is a band with bagpipes! Fun fun!

Of course Friday is St. Patricks day so I have to be extra vigilant at work! The guys at the House like to be clever and sneak in alcohol so I'll be on the lookout.

A week until my brother comes so I'm getting mightily excited. We are going to see London and Dublin but most importantly we get to see each other.

Other random notes, my legs really hurt. I ran about 8-9 miles yesterday and am feeling it. I had to go around town this morning to pick up some gifts and decided to use my bike, the only problem is that makes my legs hurt even more!

Oh yeah, if all goes as planned when I go to Germany to visit Dan I'm going to run in this half-marathon http://www.geocities.com/schoenmaeker/marathon_0606.html. It will be excellent!

No comments: