Monday, December 31, 2007

Follow Me

So this post isn't as entertaining. I hope that doesn't deter you from reading. At times short posts are just easier and other times I like to put the work into developing something.

On my drive back from Ohio I was thinking about Jesus in Mark 2. He tells Levi to "follow me," and Levi gets up, leaves everything, and follows Jesus without any questions.


Jesus makes some tough demands. Like in Matthew he says, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matt. 16:24-5)


That's a pretty steep order. To follow somebody and volitionally give up your posessions, security, and life! But I wouldn't want to follow anyone else who would demand less. I wouldn't want to follow someone who only wants a part of my life, a half hearted committment, a bit of my self, a sliver of my time.


It might sound bizzare, but that is the attracation of Jesus, he requires everything.

No comments: