Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In Digestion

Thanks for the conversations (both on- and offline) about the past few posts. Here's the whole series if you missed one.

"Have It Your Way" - the conflict between affinity and the virtue of selflessness
"It's Better Here" - the conflict between affinity and diversity
"I'm Lovin' It" - diversity as affinity, and affinity for God's values
"The Fire's Ready" - beyond affinity

Two comments from Bryan and Ben interested me in regards to their experiences with diverse small groups.

Bryan said: "Our Bible Study is racially diverse. We have white-folk, a few Latinos, a black Jamaican 'mon', and some mutts that I dare not even try to categorize. This is all in a group of about 15 or so people and the thing that unites us is our common Christian walk."

Ben said: "I've been in two very diverse groups (age, race, class, marital status) that I found static and unchallenged while I've found groups with a bunch of other hipster post collegians to be rock solid."

Any final thoughts from you?

No comments: