Monday, February 18, 2008

Compulsion

I read Adam's post and felt compelled to write one as well.  I realize staring blankly at the blank Word document that compulsion is so agonizing.
 
I feel compelled to write something, to produce something, to give a token of thought to this blog.  Compulsion is effective, just like guilt is effective, to creating change.  But it is only effective for a short amount of time.  Guilt is like a New Years' resolution.  I have a cd Learning Spanish from my resolution two years ago and I don't know hardly any Espanol.  Last year I was going to memorize a Bible verse every week but that lasted only about 2 months. 
 
So guilt can drive me to write this blog post but not develop it anymore.  And you know what?  I'm not going to write anymore!  I'm just going to wallow in this guilt...
 
Hasta luego   :)

No comments: